GO GLOBAL – Study Abroad (Exchange) Fair
This year’s Study Abroad Fair took place on April 27th, 2016. The fair served as a chance for students interested in international opportunities to receive information directly from the source.
The day began with a Welcome Reception for partner institutions and a key-note address by the Dean of Students, followed by a campus tour. The fair itself began with the opening of the World Foods Section in which exchange students served food they have prepared from their respective cultures. The students had prepared the food early that morning in the university’s training kitchens. All proceeds of the food sales were donated to Small Projects, a local NGO for refugee aid.
Consulates, students, and esteemed representatives from some of KU’s most prestigious partner universities were also present for the duration of the fair and provided students with information about studying, working, internships, and scholarships abroad. Overall, the day was a colourful display of culture and friendship and one of the best fairs to date.
EBS (European Business School) Universitat, Germany
University of Mannheim, Germany
Baruch College, USA
Consular General and Higher Education Representatives:
Turkey NESO-EP NUFFIC, The Netherlands
Goethe Institute, Germany
British Council Turkey, The United Kingdom
Consulate General of Sweden in Istanbul, Sweden
Australian Trade Commission, Australia
Date: April 27, 2016
Duration: 12:30 – 16:30
Location: Winter Garden, Student Center -1 Floor
- 09:30 – Welcome Reception
- 10:30 – Campus Tour for Partners
- 11:00 – Set-up for Partners & Lunch Break
- 12:30 – World Foods section opens & fair begins
- 12:30 – 16:30 – University and Consulate Representatives present at booths
- 13:00 Session I: Ali Halabi; VOLT Founder & CEO “My Startup Journey as a Foreign Entrepreneur”
- 16:30 Session II: Wilco Van Herpen; Chef, Photographer & Television Host “Memleketim: Doğmadığım Ülke, Türkiye / Turkey: My Motherland Abroad”