Koc University's 3rd International Staff Week and Study Abroad Fair 2019
We are happy to invite you to Koç University's International Staff Week titled “Diversity and Inclusion in Global Higher Education: Experience and Practice” to be held on 6-10 May 2019.
Organized by the Office of International Programs and Graduate School of Business, participants from different institutions will get an overview of Koç University and other participating universities. International staff week offers you the opportunity to network and share experiences and challenges with representatives of other institutions on diversity and inclusion of international students and staff.
While participants enjoy a week long thought-provoking discussions and sessions with colleagues from all around the world, they will also enjoy cultural beauties of Istanbul and Turkey. As part of the program, participants will also present their institutions to Koç University students during a day-long Study Abroad Fair.
For any questions, you may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Study Abroad Fair
Led by the Office of International Programs (OIP), the Fair is your chance to see which program is right for you, ask your questions to partner university representatives and explore a world of options.
Koç University has one of the largest Global & Exchange programs in Turkey with around 260+ partner universities around the world. Exchange Program gives you the opportunity to spend a semester overseas at one of our partner universities and receive credit towards your KU degree.
What’s the fair about?
The Study Abroad Fair is open to all KU students who are interested in going on exchange. At the fair you will have the opportunity to:
- talk to incoming exchange students and returned KU exchange students to find out all about the universities and countries you’re interested in
- discover how you can fit an exchange opportunity into your study plan
- get advice from partner university representatives and OIP
- students will be able to not only meet with the representatives of the partner institution but also representatives from Counsulates and institutions.
What can I do at the Study Abroad Fair?
Whether you are trying to decide on a study abroad program or just exploring, the Study Abroad Fair is your chance to get information from dozens of programs and universities that offer international opportunities. We suggest walking through the fair, speak to former participants and learn more about exchange opportunities and options that spark your interest!
Outgoing Exchange Advisors will also be available to speak with you about what you need to know before studying abroad.
How can I prepare for the Fair?
The most important way to prepare is to mark your calendar for May 8th! The only way to participate is to be there.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your Study Abroad Fair Experience:
- Identify Your Study Abroad Goals
- Do you want information on a specific program, country, or region?
- Are you interested in Erasmus+, Erasmus+ Worldwide or Global Exchange?
- Maybe you're just exploring. If so, give yourself plenty of time to walk around.
- Formulate a Plan
- Review the list of exhibitors, check out the OIP Outgoing Page and make a list of your "must-visit" tables.
- Pick a time to visit the Winter Garden and plan accordingly.
- Make Contact
- Visit the Fair anytime between 13:00 and 16.00 on May 8th and ask Partner University representatives questions about credits, courses, accommodation options, application deadlines, etc.
- Talk to former KU exchange participants available on the day of the Fair to learn first-hand what to expect from your Study Abroad experience.
- Sign up for mailing lists and get business cards or email addresses to get more information on your favorite programs.
- Stay in Touch
- After you leave, use the knowledge you gained at the fair to inform your decision-making process.
- Follow up with Outgoing Exchange advisors to raise additional questions or concerns you may have.
- Apply for a Study Abroad Program!