A residence permit is required of anyone who will stay in Turkey for longer than 3 months or the amount of time granted through a visa. Therefore, all exchange students are obliged, by law, to apply for and obtain a residence permit upon their arrival in Turkey.
STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES PRIOR TO ARRIVAL:
Exchange students apply for a residence permit during their orientation week at Koc University with the help of our International Community Office (ICO). Upon completion of the application, students will receive an automatic appointment date which may be disregarded as all Koc student appointments will take place on campus on an assigned day.
STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES UPON ARRIVAL:
Submit the following documentation to the Office of International Programs during the orientation week:
- PASSPORT AND COPY OF ITS:
1. ID page
2. Last entry stamp (the stamp you obtain at passport control in the airport)
3. Visa page (or e-visa document)
- HEALTH INSURANCE (see below)
- 4 BIOMETRIC PHOTOGRAPHS: Full face, front view with a plain white background; taken within last 6 months
- ATTESTATION DOCUMENTS: to be issued by mentors and signed by exchange students after arrival
- STUDENT ENROLMENT DOCUMENT: to be issued by Office of International Programs after arrival
- APPLICATION FEE: 72 TL
*If you miss the appointment, or come unprepared: it will be your own responsibility to complete all steps of application process.
For a more detailed information, you can refer to our guide.