If you do not have a passport or you need to extend it when you submit an application, please download your “student letter” via e-devlet and use that document for passport application.
Remember that the country that you are traveling to may require you to obtain a visa. Please make sure that you know the requirements of the visa application for that country. Check the website of its consulate. Note that only the consulates can provide correct/up-to-date information about the visa procedures; our office is neither authorized nor capable of overseeing your visa applications. Consulates often require a Letter of Acceptance (signed and stamped) and a letter proving your financial funds.
Students can download their visa letter from KUAPP. System automatically writes your monthly grant amount on the visa letter, it does not mean your grant is guaranteed until OIP announces the grants to all selected students.
- You may need a residence permit during your stay at the host country
- Please read any pre-arrival material provided by the host university
- Get necessary documents ready before your departure
- Follow International Office’s instructions while you are there
- Many partner universities offer on/off campus accommodation
- Please note that accommodation arrangement is your responsibility
- Mind the deadlines/procedures regarding housing application provided by the host university
- Make research on student recommendations
- For private accommodation, we advise you to check the following;
- Area: is the area safe? Do other students choose to live there?
- Location: is it near the campus? If not, what is the transportation cost? Do the university provide free-transportation card?
- Price: does it include bills?
Health and Safety
- Follow the rules & regulations of the host country
- Keep your distance from any large political demonstrations
- Show respect and sensitivity for cultural, political and social issues
- If there is a secuity concern, contact your family/university ASAP
- In case of theft; keep a couple of copies of your passport and residence permit at different locations
- If your passport is stolen, inform Turkish Consulate ASAP
- If you have an accident or major health problem, inform your family, host university and KU OIP ASAP
- Inform your host university & close friends about your emergency contacts’ details