Online Application & Application Documents
Global Exchange 2019 - 2020 Academic Year applications will be open 22/10/2018 (at 00:00)- 23/11/2018 (at 23:59).
All exchange program applications must be done on the Kuapp system kuapp.ku.edu.tr.
Watch the demo video of application process on our new system (Kuapp) here.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Please pay attention to the dates and deadlines of Global Exchange applications.
You can pick it up from Registrar’s Office. Please keep in mind that it will take a couple of days for Registrar’s Office to issue your transcript. You are asked to upload your transcript on the online application form.
TOEFL or IELTS Score Card (valid for 2 years after the test date)
You are asked to upload your English Proficiency Proof on the online application form.
If you do not have a valid TOEFL or IELTS score card, you have to take a new test. Please note that you need to plan your application accordingly as it takes time to get the result of English Proficiency tests.
a) Acceptable English Language Exam; IELTS or TOEFL**
** IELTS or TOEFL exams must be valid for 2 years.
There has been an update in the list of exams which are considered acceptable for Exchange Programs application by Koç University.
|Koç Institutional TOEFL PBT||min 550|
*Some partner universities especially in North America don’t accept institutional
TOEFL exams, so we suggest you to take a TOEFL IBT test.
Please upload a biometric photo of you suitable for an official document along with your application form and other documents.
Once you submit your online application form along with other necessary application documents, OIP will evaluate your application, find out if you are an eligible candidate to be an exchange student in one of the schools you have selected and place you in one of the schools in your list.
Your placement by OIP is based on two factors
|Your TOEFL Score||25%|
Global Exchange placement results are announced on the Kuapp system. To view your results please simply log in to your Kuapp accounts at kuapp.ku.edu.tr. After the results are available, we would like to highlight a few things regarding the Global Exchange procedure:
- "Coordinator Approved" notification on your KUAPP system means; your documents are checked and approved. It does not mean that you are selected for now.
- If your status has been changed to “Accepted”, congratulations! The school you have been placed into must be seen on the system. Please hand in your the Student Commitment Form [Taahhütname] immediately.
- Those who had difficulty applying to GE program via Kuapp and ended up having created an application manually via the office can e-mail email@example.com to learn their results.
- Being placed into a GE school does not guarantee your eventual acceptance from the host university. The partner universities reserve the right to accept/reject student applications for exchange. Your acceptance will be valid only after their confirmation.
- If your status has been changed to “Substitute”, you are wait-listed for all of your school preferences, not just for one that we have determined randomly. These people will be placed after the students who have already been placed do not turn their contracts in the office and therefore declare that they reject their selected mobility.(see the calendar)
- Please note that there will be another application process only for spring semester and remaining slots at partner institutions. (See the Calendar)