Description of Mobility
FACULTY EXCHANGE: STAFF MOBILITY FOR TEACHING ASSIGNMENTS (STA)
Erasmus+ enables university academic staff to spend teaching periods at the partner universities via bilateral agreements in which the staff mobility for teaching assignments is foreseen. Bilateral agreement is required for academic staff exchange program.
The purposes of STA may be summarized as follows:
- to provide teaching staff with opportunities for personal & professional development
- to share expertise in specialist areas within teacher education, to deepen mutual understanding of different European Education Systems and to raise the profile of the European Dimension in Education
- to allow students who are not able to participate in mobility to benefit from the knowledge and expertise of staff in other European institutions.
STAFF EXCHANGE: STAFF MOBILITY FOR TRAINING (STT)
Not only academic but also administrative staff of a university with an Erasmus University Charter (EUC) can also benefit from the staff mobility training (STT) in an Erasmus partner university or in a business enterprise. Bilateral exchange agreement is not required for administrative staff exchange program.
Staff mobility training (STT) includes three types of mobility:
- The mobility of university staff member going to an enterprise and vice versa: The purpose of this type of mobility is to provide opportunity for the training of the participants through the transmittal of knowledge and experience. The basic activities are; workshops, courses and trainings practice education processes, short-term assignments etc.
- The mobility of the university executive and administrative staff going to another university: The purpose of this type of mobility is to provide opportunity for the participants to learn from another institution's experience and good implementations and to improve required talents for his/her current assignments. The basic activities are study visits, short term assignments and on the job training programs
- The mobility of academic staff going to another higher education institution to have training: Training periods can have a duration of 2 days - 2 months. Financial support is available for the academic staff to spend teaching periods abroad and for the university staff to have training at a university or at a business enterprise. Apart from the regular trainings; courses, internships are eligible.
There are two types of programs which enable staff exchange under Erasmus+: KA103 Erasmus Staff Mobility and KA107 International Credit Mobility. Information for KA103 Erasmus Staff Mobility can be found below. Please click here for information about KA107 International Credit Mobility.