Brief History of Turkey & İstanbul
Welcome to Turkey!What do you know about Turkey?
- The Turkish War of Independence in 1919-1922 initiated by Mustafa Kemal Atatürk and his comrades in Anatolia, resulted in the establishment of the modern Republic of Turkey in 1923, with Atatürk as its first president.
- Turkey -in Turkish it is Türkiye- is officially called Republic of Turkey. Its population approximately 80 million and 15 million of in total living in Istanbul.
- Official language is Turkish and %80 of Turkish citizen speak Turkish.
- Turkey is parliamentary republic which is located between Europe and Asia.
- Turkey’s capital city is Ankara and its largest city is Istanbul.
- Turkey is a democratic and secular country with rich culture heritage.
Please watch Turkey’s promotion video at:
Do you want to see how rich Turkish cuisine? Let’s take a look: http://www.turkish-cuisine.org/