Planning Your Exchange
When is the best time to go on exchange and where can I find out what I need to know?
If you are planning to go abroad for an exchange semester, make sure to start planning early. You will need to:
- decide on a country
- choose the ideal partner university
- complete the application procedure
- select courses and arrange for credit transfer ahead of time
- make travel arrangements (e.g. look for housing, organize a visa, and get insurance)
It is recommended for undergraduate students to consider an exchange in their 3rd year of study. However, It is possible to go on exchange after the first year of studies at the earliest. As an exception, Master’s degree students can go on exchange already during their first year of studies.
The Office of International Programs has all the information you need about your exchange semester abroad:
- Informational materials about the partner universities
- Regularly scheduled informational events and group advisory meetings before application deadlines
- OIP Exchange Programs team for general information; personal consultation with the Graduate Coordinator
Exchange Programs Office: Student Center, level -3, B396
More about partner universities
- Partner schools
- Brochures available at Office of International Programs and info decks at the Student Center
- Exchange Stories
GO GLOBAL – Exchange (Study Abroad) Fair
Information sessions: Please see the application & selection calendar
Partners University Visits (announced through KUDaily)
Exchange Programs team office hours: Please Schedule a Meeting.
Quotas and application statistics are published before each application period. They tell you which universities are available for which deadline, how many places they are offering. Please note that the amount of exchange places available differs from year to year.