Online Application and Application Documents
Second Call Selection List (please search with CTRL+F)
Selection list (please search with CTRL+F)
Erasmus+ Student Mobility applications for 2018 - 2019 Academic Year will be open on January 29 2018 at 00:00 – February 26 2018 at 23:59.
Watch the demo video of application process on our new system here.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Please pay attention to the dates and deadlines for Erasmus Exchange applications.
- A minimum GPA of 2.20/4.00 for undergraduates, and a 2.50/4.00 for graduate students.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least two semesters, and graduate students must have completed at least one semester at Koç University (excluding English Prep. and remedial semesters).
- In order to be able to apply to a specific partner university, the student must satisfy all of the requirements specified by that partner (such as language and GPA).
You can pick it up from Registrar’s Office. Please keep in mind that it will take a couple of days for Registrar’s Office to issue your transcript. You are asked to upload your transcript on the online application form.
TOEFL or IELTS Score Card (valid for 2 years after the test date)
You are asked to upload your English Proficiency Proof on the online application form.
If you do not have a valid TOEFL or IELTS score card, you have to take a new test. Please note that you need to plan your application accordingly as it takes time to get the result of English Proficiency tests.
Our requirement for native English speakers is as follows;
- Exceptions to the English proficiency tests (TOEFL, IELTS) include only lifetime residents of Australia, Canada (other than Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom or the United States (other than Puerto Rico). Students who have recently and successfully completed at least 4 years of rigorous academic studies in one of the countries listed might also be exempted. Their English proficiency score calculated at KUAPP will be the min. English Language admission requirement of the program at KU they are admitted. Students English Language Score will be automatically calculated as the equivalent of 80 TOEFL IBT, unless student submits a valid IELTS and TOEFL score. Placement will be based on 50% GPA and 50 % TOEFL, so the higher scores students have, the better chance of placement students will have.
a) Acceptable English Language Exam; IELTS or TOEFL**
** IELTS or TOEFL exams must be valid for 2 years.
There has been an update in the list of exams which are considered acceptable for Exchange Programs application by Koç University.
|Koç Institutional TOEFL PBT||min 550|
*Some partner universities especially in North America don’t accept institutional
TOEFL exams, so we suggest you to take a TOEFL IBT test.
Please upload a biometric photo of you for an official document along with your application form and other documents.
Once you submit your online application form along with other necessary application documents, OIP will evaluate your application, find out if you are an eligible candidate to be an exchange student in one of the schools you have selected and place you in one of the schools in your list.
Your placement by OIP is based on two factors
Erasmus placement results are announced on the Kuapp system. To view your results please simply log in to your Kuapp accounts at kuapp.ku.edu.tr.
After the results are available, we would like to highlight a few things regarding the Erasmus+ procedures:
- "Coordinator Approved" notification on your KUAPP system means; your documents are checked and approved. It does not mean that you are selected for now.
- If your status has been changed to “Accepted”, congratulations! The school you have been placed into must be seen on the system. Please hand in your Erasmus contract immediately.
- Those who had difficulty applying to Erasmus program via Kuapp and ended up having created an application manually via OIP Trackit to learn their results.
- Being placed into an Erasmus school does not guarantee your eventual acceptance from the host university. The partner universities reserve the right to accept/reject student applications for exchange. Your acceptance will be valid only after their confirmation.
- Being selected for and nominated to a university within the Erasmus+ program does not automatically guarantee Erasmus funding. The amount of funding available and the number of students that can be funded with that amount in any year can only be known after the funds have been made available by the Turkish National Agency.
- The amount of available funding and the minimum requirements are subject to change. The guide published by the National Agency should be consulted for valid rules and regulations of the application term.
- If your status has been changed to “Substitute”, you are wait-listed for all of your school preferences, not just for one that we have determined randomly. These people will be placed after the students who have already been placed do not turn their contracts in the office on time and therefore declare that they reject the Erasmus mobility. (See the Calendar)
- Please note that there will be another application process only for Spring semester and remaining slots at partner institutions. (See the Calendar)
- Koç University receives the Erasmus grants from National Agency and therefore the grant distributions are assented for each student around July.