Nomination & Application to Host University
Being placed into an Erasmus+ partner university does not guarantee your eventual acceptance from the host university. The partner universities reserve the right to accept/reject student applications for exchange. Your acceptance will be valid only after their confirmation.
An eligibility check is done before nominating a student. Nominations are conducted by the Office of International Programs. You are not required to do anything for the nomination process except submitting your Student Commitment Form to OIP.
Please note that nominations take time and that Fall semester students are nominated before Spring semester students.
Application to Host University
- The requirements for application may vary for each institution. Students are responsible for checking the host institution's website for any information that might be useful for the application procedure. Partner institutions sometimes post necessary information on their websites instead of sending e-mails.
- Obtain, complete, and send the "Application Form" of your host institution before the application deadline. Make sure that you include any other supplementary documents that are required by your host institution. Note that the application forms may be online. Information as to the exact application procedure can be found on each school's application form or website.
- Any late application or missing document risks your admission. We strongly advise you to send your documents as soft copies via e-mail before sending them through mail. This will help secure the safe receipt of your application on time. Please also be informed that the process of application to the host institutions must be handled individually by yourself. Our Office does not post application documents to host institutions.
- Another document that partner institutions might request during your application is a copy of your passport. If you do not have a passport or you need to extend it when you submit an application, please download your “student letter” via e-devlet and use that document for passport fee exemption when you apply for a passport.
- Expect to receive your Letter of Acceptance from your host institution no later than two months prior to your departure date. On many occasions, the acceptance letters are first received by our Office and then forwarded to students. If you receive your letter of acceptance directly, please bring a copy of it to our Office.
- The Erasmus institutional code of our university is TRISTANBU17. Some universities request this information during application.