Erasmus+ Worldwide Grant
The number of grantees is determined by the National Agency in accordance with the grant allocated to the country for the year.
Grants are paid to students in two instalments. 70% of the grant is paid before departure in 45 days following the submission of documents to OIP, and the remaining 30% is paid after the student submits all required documents, depending on the mobility duration as verified by the Certificate of Attendance and taking into account the student's level of success and fulfilling their responsibilities. Payments are made in Euros, which requires a Euro bank account in Yapi Kredi Bank.
Erasmus+ Worldwide Study program provides monthly stipend as well as travel grant to selected participants. Koç University student going to a partner country receives 700€ per month.
Selected participants also receives travel grant. The calculation is done based on the distance between Koç University and the host city. Calculation is done by Distance Calculator
|20-99 km||20 €|
|100-499 km||180 €|
|500-1999 km||275 €|
|2000- 2999 km||360 €|
|3000-3999 km||530 €|
|4000- 7999 km||820 €|
|8000 km an above||1.500 €|
Important: these unit costs represent the linear distance between the city where the university of origin and the city where the host university are located. This is calculated automatically by a website indicated by the European Commission and cannot be subject to any change. The financial support allocated to the "travel distance" is the maximum allowed by the Erasmus+ Program and is intended to contribute to the round trip back between the home and host institutions. In the event that the assigned value is insufficient to pay for the desired trip, the scholarship holder must find another sources of funding.
Grant Deduction and Repayment
Deductions and/or repayment may apply to students who do not fulfil their responsibilities and/or are unsuccessful. Grant deduction and/or repayment may take place in case of the following:
- When participant completed the 19-11 ECTS course load successfully, 30% of the grant based on total duration of mobility shall be deducted. When participant completed the 10-0 ECTS course load successfully, the grant that has been paid before the mobility shall be refunded by the student.
- If the participant does not complete the required after mobility documents in line with the terms of the agreement, 30% of the grant based on total duration of mobility shall be deducted.
- If the participant does not submit the partner university transcript of records and approved certificate of participation which are the proof for fulfillment of the mobility, the grant that has been paid before shall be refunded by the student.
- If the participant does not complete the online final report after mobility, 5% of the grant based on total duration of mobility shall be deducted.
- If a participant fails to submit and complete all the required paperwork to Koc University on time, the participant will be obliged to pay the grant received (70%) back to Koc University.
- If a student leaves the host organization/country for more than 7 days (including weekends, excluding official holidays and breaks), student is not paid for that duration. If the student was paid for those days, then he/she is asked to return that amount to Koc University.
- If a student returns home country before the end of the mobility period and/or before the min. required duration (min. 3 months), then sanctions regarding the Erasmus+ Worldwide grant will be implemented. If there is a “Force Majeure” situation, student should immediately get in touch with OIP and OIP will seek Turkish National Agency’s advice and approval on the matter. If Turkish National Agency approves the situation as “Force Majeure”, then OIP will inform the student and the student will be able to return home before the end of the mobility period. The student will only receive the grant for valid days of mobility. If the student returns home without getting in touch with OIP first, then the mobility will be considered as invalid and the student will be asked to return the initial grant (70%) back to Koc University.
Zero Grant Students
Students are able to participate in Erasmus+ Worldwide Study program without receiving a grant. However, it should be noted that the students have to go through the same application & selection procedures and also submit the required documents (before-during-after mobility) to OIP.
Erasmus Disability Grant
- Additional grants are available for students with disabilities and health conditions wishing to participate in an Erasmus+ placement and where participation would not be possible without extra financial support.
- The allowance is offered when disabilities or health conditions lead to additional mobility costs, which exceed the maximum grant allocations allowed, and which cannot be recovered from other sources. The grant covers approved actual costs.
- Applications for the Erasmus Disability Grant must be submitted to OIP prior to the start of the mobility.
- Student’s application must include a statement from a doctor or other authority confirming the disability or health condition, its severity, the impact on the Erasmus+ mobility, additional requirements and additional costs to be met. A detailed estimate of costs is required.
- The application should provide information on any other sources of financial support that the student receives and why this is insufficient to cover extra costs.
- If you have any questions please send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Roadmap for Students with Special Needs
- Special Need Support Request Form