Erasmus+ Grant and Payment Procedure
The number of grantees is determined by the National Agency in accordance with the grant allocated to Koç University for the year:
- Being selected for and nominated to a university within the Erasmus+ program does not automatically guarantee Erasmus+ funding. The amount of funding available and the number of students that can be funded with that amount in any year can only be known after the funds have been made available by the Turkish National Agency.
- The amount of available funding and the minimum requirements are subject to change. The guide published by the National Agency should be consulted for valid rules and regulations of the application term.
- Koç University receives the Erasmus grants from National Agency and therefore the grant distributions are assented for each student around July.
Grants are paid to students in two instalments. 70% of the grant is paid before departure in 30-45 days following the submission of before mobility documents to OIP, and the remaining 30% is paid after the student submits all required after mobility documents, depending on the mobility duration as verified by the Certificate of Attendance and taking into account the student's level of success and fulfilling their responsibilities. Payments are made in Euros, which requires a Euro bank account in Yapi Kredi Bank.
Erasmus+ Study program provides monthly stipend to students based on the table below. Koç University holds the right to determine the maximum duration for grant payment.
Countries In accordance with Daily Expenses
Host Countries in Mobility/Updates for Erasmus+ Projects after 2018
Monthly Student Mobility Grant (€)*
1st and 2nd Group Program Countries
Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Lichtenstein, Norway, Sweden, The United Kingdom, Iceland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Cyprus, Germany, Greece, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Austria, Malta
3rd Group Program Countries
Bulgaria, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Serbia, Macedonia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Turkey, Croatia.
Grant Deduction and Repayment
Deductions and/or repayment may apply to students who do not fulfil their responsibilities and/or are unsuccessful. Grant deduction and/or repayment may take place in case of the following:
- When participant completed the 19-11 ECTS course load successfully, 30% of the grant based on total duration of mobility shall be deducted. When participant completed the 10-0 ECTS course load successfully, the grant that has been paid before the mobility (70%) shall be refunded by the student.
- If the participant does not complete the required after mobility documents in line with the terms of the agreement, 30% of the grant based on total duration of mobility shall be deducted.
- If the participant does not submit the partner university transcript of records and approved certificate of participation which are the proof for fulfillment of the mobility, the grant that has been paid before shall be refunded by the student.
- If the participant does not complete the online final report after mobility and/or OLS (before and after mobility), 5% of the grant based on total duration of mobility shall be deducted.
- If a participant fails to submit and complete all the required paperwork to Koc University on time, the participant will be obliged to pay the grant received (70%) back to Koc University.
- If a student returns home country before the end of the mobility period and/or before the min. required duration (min. 3 months), then sanctions regarding the Erasmus+ grant will be implemented. If there is a “Force Majeure” situation, student should immediately get in touch with OIP and OIP will seek Turkish National Agency’s advice and approval on the matter. If Turkish National Agency approves the situation as “Force Majeure”, then OIP will inform the student and the student will be able to return home before the end of the mobility period. The student will only receive the grant for valid days of mobility. If the student returns home without getting in touch with OIP first, then the mobility will be considered as invalid and the student will be asked to return the initial grant (70%) back to Koc University.
Zero Grant Students
Students are able to participate in Erasmus+ Study program without receiving a grant. However, it should be noted that the students have to go through the same application & selection procedures and also submit the required documents (before-during-after mobility) to OIP.
Erasmus Disability Grant
- Additional grants are available for students with disabilities and health conditions wishing to participate in an Erasmus+ placement and where participation would not be possible without extra financial support.
- The allowance is offered when disabilities or health conditions lead to additional mobility costs, which exceed the maximum grant allocations allowed, and which cannot be recovered from other sources. The grant covers approved actual costs.
- Applications for the Erasmus Disability Grant must be submitted to OIP prior to the start of the mobility.
- Student’s application must include a statement from a doctor or other authority confirming the disability or health condition, its severity, the impact on the Erasmus+ mobility, additional requirements and additional costs to be met. A detailed estimate of costs is required.
- The application should provide information on any other sources of financial support that the student receives and why this is insufficient to cover extra costs.
- If you have any questions please send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Roadmap for Students with Special Needs
- Special Need Support Request Form
Additional Grant Opportunity for Students with Financial Needs
This part is only applicable to students who hold Turkish citizenship:
Economically disadvantaged students who are selected for the Study Mobility will be paid an extra grant of 100 € per month from the study mobility budget, in addition to the amount of monthly grant specified in the grant table.
Students whose parents or themselves are receiving an allowance within the scope of the Article 2 of the Law on Encouragement of Social Assistance and Solidarity No. 3294 dated 29.05.1989 (29.05.1989 tarih ve 3294 sayılı Sosyal Yardımlaşma ve Dayanışmayı Teşvik Kanunu) can benefit from the opportunity of additional grant for economically disadvantaged people.
In order to benefit from the additional grant, the selected student must apply to the Office of International Programs (OIP) to submit the document indicating that he/she receives an allowance within the scope of the above-mentioned Law from the Provincial Directorate of Family, Labor, and Social Services (Aile, Çalışma ve Sosyal Hizmetler İl Müdürlüğü). Information regarding the way and the period in which the document is to be submitted to OIP will be announced to the students in the program announcements and/or via e-mails by OIP.