Duration of Mobility
Mobility is conducted according to the minimum and maximum duration of time determined by the European Commission. Study mobility should be minimum 3 months or 1 trimester, maximum 12 months. KU students usually are able to spend a semester (3 to 5 months) at one of the partner universities.
A student may receive Erasmus mobility grants for a maximum of 12 months in any study cycle (Bachelor/ Master/PhD).
Extension of Mobility
Extension of exchange semester could only happen if the following conditions are met:
- Semester extension can only take place from Fall to Spring. There cannot be a break (except for official holidays, semester break, etc.) between semesters.
- The student should inform Koç University OIP team regarding the extension request in early November in Fall Semester.
- Extension can only take place if there is available student quota for partner university.
- The student can extend his/her term as a “zero-grant” student if first three conditions are met. It is possible to participate in the program as a zero-grant student but the student accepts not to receive grant for the extended exchange duration.
- Extension requests are evaluated at the same time and students are placed based on their initial placement score.
Interruption of Mobility
- Mobility should be completed without any interruption. For study mobility semester breaks and official holidays are not counted as interruption.
- In case the mobility is interrupted due to a force majeure*, the grant is paid just for the actualized period of the mobility if the force majeure is documented.
- If the mobility is interrupted without any force majeure, the mobility is cancelled and the grant already paid has to be fully refunded (70% of the total grant) to Koç University.
(* Force Majeure is an unforeseeable exceptional situation or event beyond the participant's control and not attributable to error or negligence on his/her part and prevents participant from fulfillment of liability under the Agreement)
- If there is a “Force Majeure” (mücbir sebep) situation, the student should immediately get in touch with OIP and OIP will seek Turkish National Agency’s advice and approval on the matter. If Turkish National Agency approves the situation as “Force Majeure”, then OIP will inform the student and the student will be able to return home before the end of the mobility period.