Description of the Mobility
Erasmus+ KA103 is an EU program intended to promote student and faculty mobility and encourage cross-border cooperation between European universities. Grants are available for exchange programs and also for student internships. Students studying abroad in the 28 EU member countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, the FYR of Macedonia, and Turkey are eligible to apply for Erasmus+ grants.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least one academic year and graduate students must have completed at least one semester of their academic program at the time of application.
- Applications are received regularly for the following academic year and this means that a 1st year student accepted for Erasmus attends the university abroad (host university) in his/her second year in either Fall or Spring semester.
- Türkiye scholarship students are allowed to participate in the Erasmus+ exchange program, but they will not be receiving a scholarship from YTB during their exchange period. In order to participate in the program, students should inform Koç University Office of International Programs (OIP) with a petition.
- Students participating in the Erasmus program continue to pay tuition fees at KU but are exempt from tuition at the host university, where they spend their semester/year abroad.
- Students may continue to receive scholarships, grants and loans as if they are in Turkey.
- Participating in the Erasmus program does not mean the student is transferring to another university. Students can participate in the Erasmus program for a maximum of 12 months. Students must return to KU at the end of the Erasmus period and complete their program at KU.
- Important Note: Switzerland is not an Erasmus+ program country. Even though the selection and application process is conducted by our Office for all countries, students who are nominated to Switzerland are not funded by Turkish National Agency. The country has its own grant for these students. Applications for Switzerland is done as part of Global Exchange program.